charleston, south carolina
- Ocean or Mountains?
- Beach Days
- Dog or Cat
- Sweet or Savory
- Coffee or Tea
- Cup of Joe
- TV or Book
- Show Streamer
- Sunrise or Sunset
- Night Owl
- Phone Call or Text
- Ring Ring
- Place of Birth
- St. Cloud, Minnesota
- Current City You Live In
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree from University of Minnesota
- How long have you worked here?
- 3 years
QUESTION & ANSWER
- What attracted you to this property or what was your first impression of this property?
- I was extremely attracted to the goal of Five Star achievement. I have a level of service and sales orientation that meshes well with the luxury experience which Hotel Bennett strives for. I also was very interested in becoming a part of the Salamander team. The architecture and design elements speak for themselves.
- What makes you passionate about the hospitality industry?
- There is always a goal to go above and beyond expectation as well as the desire to create memorable experiences. This is extremely rewarding when successfully accomplished.
- What's been one of the most inspirational moments you've experieced in your career so far?
- There are too many to share. However, I am always inspired when being recognized by my management team, they do a phenomenal job of acknowledging my efforts which is personally motivating. I have also received “thank you” cards in recognition of the care and efforts shown during guest or group stays. These cards reflect the difference that we can make.
- What's one thing most people don't know about you?
- I enjoy sewing.
- What are some of your favorite hobbies?
- I enjoy quality time with friends and family. This quality time can be spent doing any activity. However, I personally enjoy going to the beach, sunbathing, hiking, boating, fishing and sight-seeing.
- In your opinion, where is the best spot to visit at the resort and why?
- Although Camellias is truly unique and stunning, I personally love our terraced suites. The terrace addition to the guest room adds a level of exclusivity-not to mention the views.
- Who is your hero and why?
- If I had to pick one, it would be my father. He recognized an issue and fought with the doctors until a diagnosis was found. He saved my life with his persistence.
- What travel destination is on your bucket list?
- What is a goal (big or small) that you hope to achieve in the next five years?
- My goal is to grow into a management role within group sales. As a personal goal, I would love to purchase a home.
- Name three people you would like to invite to dinner.
- My three youngest sisters. They live in Minnesota. Although, I would love to have dinner with any of my family who live far from me.
- Last book you read?
- Gilded, Little Women, and Louisa May Alcott
- Historical event you would have liked to witness?
- The Moon landing. I feel it would be exceptional to experience the excitement surrounding that event.
- Favorite Food?
- My favorite food is an all-meat pizza.
- Favorite Music?
- My favorite music is Classical Music and 50’s Pop